The Brown Gold

It is now spring term, and in my class Food For Thought, we have been learning about food, its origins, its history, and the beginning of agriculture. Leading up to this Action Project we have been learning about agriculture and how it came to be. We learned about different early civilizations and why agriculture has played a big role in social issues as well. For our first Field Experience, we went to Metropolis Coffee Company and tried coffee from all over the world. We learned how it was processed and made from beginning to end. For our second Field Experience we had a forager come show us over 30 different types of plants that were edible within 5 blocks of our school. For my Action Project, I created a family tree going up to two generations in my family so that I could understand more of my family's cultural history. I made it with all of their favorite foods/ingredient. My family loves sugar a lot and I chose a recipe representing that. My recipe is my Mom's famous chocolate chip cookies, and a key ingredient is Brown Sugar.

Below is my paper with a map of the origin timeline of Brown Sugar and a picture of my family tree!







Family Tree

Origin Map 

Comments

Popular Posts