“Love is never any better than the lover." The Bluest Eye: A Staple in American History

File:Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye author portrait).jpg ...
CC Image, Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye Author Portrait
For my humanities class, Forbidden Books, I did a research paper as my last Action Project of Winter Term. The paper is based on my independent reading book, "The Bluest Eye."

Previous to this project, I did another AP on this book which was a podcast Q&A. For my podcast, I wrote a fiction script where I interviewed the main character of the book, Pecola Breedlove, and I acted as Toni Morrison. In this paper, I was tasked with dissecting the book, understanding why it's banned/censored, and voicing my opinions on if it should be censored or not.

In the book, the main character Pecola equates beauty with whiteness. This book is so important in American literature because it address a subject that's not talked about very often in the black community. It challenges societal norms and presents deep thought-provoking questions about how African American women/girls, view themselves.

Toni Morrison was an american novelist, book editor, college professor, and much more. She passed away on August 5th, 2019. Even though she is gone, her legacy is forever secure.


Comments

Popular Posts